IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Yesterday was kind of like, Night of the Living Dead. I heard a familiar voice in the distance, looked around and saw Keisha. Eeeeek!!!I thought she was gone from this mortal plane! Geez, you eulogize somebody in your blog and they just pop right back up. Now come to think of it.... I recall hearing that she was in some type of a car accident last week. So it’s possible that she is taking time off to recuperate. But why clean off her desk of all personal effects? Why did she return today of all days? As Welcome Back Kotter’s, Vinnie Barbarino once said, “I’m soooo confused!!!”

Also yesterday, I rushed to make it to the Creative Alliance to pick up my artwork. It turned out that they were in fact having an event there. It seemed to be some type of an Indian themed event. They had tables of food laid out right as you entered the door. No one was taking tickets, asking questions, or anything. I could have made myself a plate and left out. Heck, I could have made several plates.

At the receptionists desk was a full figured woman wearing a twa (teeny weeny Afro) and a colorful scarf to match with the event’s exotic theme. She kind of reminded me of a colorful Buddha. I told her I spoke with someone yesterday on the phone and they said that I could pick it up my artwork tonight. She seemed confused. She told me that she couldn’t get to it even if she tried. She said there were tables blocking the entrance to where the artwork was stored. So it looks like I’ll have to make another visit to pick up my artwork.

Bizarre Occurrences From Yesterday. I thought about asking Arvada (she’s short and has curly hair, celebrity she most resembles is a Hobbitt) to drive me over to the Creative Alliance. Just as I was thinking about this like clockwork Cassandra who car pools with Arvada walked over and asked my something about where to buy cardboard picture frames. This was extremely out of the blue. Cassandra has never ever said a word to me at work. It kind of made me wonder at that point in time that if I thought about John Cusack would he suddenly pop up at the office for an emergency film shoot. Alas, it didn’t happen....

Another other odd occurrence.... While waiting for the bus on the way home from the Creative Alliance there was this man who kept staring quizzically at me. He’d walk a few steps stare turn around look at me then walk some more like he was trying to remember something. Then just as he was leaving I realized that he looked a lot like this person I used to IM a few years back. I’d never personally met him. We just communicated through the internet. I remember that he (the person I used to IM) was a college math professor from Pennsylvania. The man who was staring at me as though he was trying to ponder something eventually drove off in a car with Pennsylvania license plates. I’m not sure if it was or wasn’t him. Most likely it wasn’t him. It was probably just a person trying to remember his shopping list or something.

The one thing I can remember about the IM person was that he was a big fan of Elvis Costello. I also like Elvis Costello too. He accused me once of being the type of person who had a record collection that consisted of nothing but Best of’s and Greatest Hits. In fact it’s true, I never told him this he just knew it. It was eery like that. It was like he knew me without really knowing me.


link | posted by gail at 11:36 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com