IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Friday, June 25, 2004


Today my bus was running late. So late in fact that I decided to take a cab over to the light rail stop that’s across from the 5th Regiment Armory. The cab driver this time was a very congenial African man. He wore glasses and a sunny disposition. When I told him where I wanted to go he said, “You got it!” The problem was that he did not entirely get it he drove me directly to the 5th Regiment Armory. He quickly corrected himself. He did a hairpin death defying u-turn in the middle of traffic and dropped me off at the light rail stop. Also when he was on route to the light rail station his phone rang. He did not bother to pick it up. So it rang and rang continously. It made me wonder who’s phone call he was avoiding. Was it a girlfriend or a possible, “Ahmed, we attack at midnight”, type call. Not that I think that all foreign cab drivers are terrorist sleeper cells or anything like that.... It’s just why didn’t he pick up the freakin’phone!!!

My poster did in fact sell to someone named Scott. I know because Scotty e-mailed me yesterday about it. Now at least the mystery is solved as to who is Scott. Scott was Scott Pittman, also an artist who did one of the Sowebo posters. His wife also did a poster. Wow, a husband and wife artist team. I suppose I’ll check the site to see the posters that they submitted.

I think I may have to hold on buying a mat board until the weekend. I still haven’t called Marc Braun. I’m still afraid that he might yell at me or something. I think it’s safer to e-mail him first. I wonder if I’ll ever see the 40 bucks....



link | posted by gail at 1:39 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com