IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Took the light rail train to the shuttle bus stop across from the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall. The shuttle bus that was waiting was the B Express bus. This bus makes no stops until it gets to the Timonium Fair Grounds. However, it’s last stop is Warren Road. My job is further than that so I had to transfer to another bus at Timonium. Luckily, despite having to transfer buses, I got in to work again at 6:30!!

I love getting in to work early. I can do things like eat breakfast and brush my teeth. I think I could probably run through the halls joyfully, screaming like that kid in Home Alone did when he realized he was.... home alone. The only thing keeping me from doing this is that there are security camera’s hooked up in the halls and entryways. Trust me, if they weren't there I would probably be running wildly through the halls, arms raised, screaming, “Ahhhhh!” every morning at 6:30. Damned, security cameras!.......

Academy Award Nominations
All in all, I’m pretty happy with this years Academy Award nominations. I’m a bit surprised to see that Fahrenheit 9-11 wasn’t nominated for Best Documentary or Film. Also, I was shocked to see that Clint Eastwood was nominated for Best Actor, instead of Paul Giamatti. It seemed like the entire cast of Sideways was nominated except Giamatti.

I feel that the most undeserving of a nomination was Virginia Madsen. She added nothing to Sideways. You could have cast a Smurf in the same role and the outcome would have been the same.

The Best Actor award should go to Jamie Foxx. He was absolutely phenomenal in Ray. I would really like to see Hillary Swank pick up another Best Actress Oscar for her role in Million Dollar Baby.

This year is unique for me in that I’ve seen four of the five nominated Best Pictures. I’m not really interested in seeing Million Dollar Baby now that I know that it’s about euthanasia and not a feel good boxing flick.

As far as the nominees go my heart wants it to go to Ray but my head says that The Aviator will win Best Picture. It would be icing on the cake if Marty (I’ve never met Martin Scorsese, but I like to think of him as just plain old Marty.) finally gets a Best Director award. The man is a genius! It’s an absolute crying shame that this man as far I know has NEVER picked up an award or best director!

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a blue fair isle knit sweater. Under the sweater I have on a blue flannel shirt and blue jeans. The shoes I’m wearing are of course brown leather lace ups.


link | posted by gail at 8:18 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com