IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

MORINING COMMUTE:
This morning I got on the #2 bus. The bus driver looked like Whitman Mayo who played Grady on Sanford and Son. The bus was also moving slower than molasses. I thought that the bus was on the verge of breaking down. Miraculously the bus kept going and going, albeit slow...

GOOD NEWS: Poster up on the web!

I got an email from Scotty today. He got the poster and describes it as being unique. I’m surprised he didn’t tell me it was lost in the mail.

Overall, this was the most ambitious poster that I have ever done. It probably won’t sell for much. It does’nt look very conventional. In fact it looks downright hideous looking. I don’t care. I had fun doing it.

The poster is basically, a giant collage. I usually do smaller collages for the mail art that I send out. I thought it would be fun to try and attempt to do one on a larger scale.

If you are curious about the hideous poster I did, you can slick over to the Soweboarts website. The one I did is naturally labeled, Gail Willis.


link | posted by gail at 10:52 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com