IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, April 25, 2005

MORNING COMMUTE:
This morning the bus I got on was the #2 bus. The driver looked a lot like Bookman from the 70’s hit sitcom, Good Times.

When I transferred to the light rail there were fourteen people aboard train not including me. This is the most people I have encountered on the train since I part of the light rail was discontinued for constructuion. I even saw the woman that I dubbed the makeup monster. I wonder what happened this morning to put so many people on the light rail?

ACCOMPLISHMENT OF THE DAY: Sowebo Poster Completed and Returned!!!


First off, I should let you all know that it was very windy outside today. The poster I did was a collage. I was very nervous about the possibility of the things that I glued down blowing away. Sadly, I decided not to bring my gigantic behemoth of a black portfolio case to safely house it in. On second thought I feel that I should have fought my instinct to avoid carrying the large portfolio.

Instead, to protect my artwork against the wind I placed it in two white trash bags. This did no good because three small sections of the diamond like purse strap that was glued to the poster fell off. Luckily, I went out armed with a bottle of glue in case such an emergency should occur on a windy day like today.

I first noticed as I was waiting for the #10 bus that the diamond like studs were missing somewhere inside the two plastic bags. A man named Charles whom I’d never met before that day, saw my predicament and helped me. I thought it was neat that he was humming the theme to Mighty Mouse, (Here, I come to save the day!) as he helped me. He told me that he was on his way to work when he saw me. He was carrying a big lunch pail with him. The only thing he wanted in exchange for helping me were cigarettes. Unfortunately, I don’t smoke. I’m a bit paranoid about engaging in any type of activity that might result in cancer. As I’ve written before, both sets of my grandmothers died of cancer as did all of my aunts on my father’s side of the family.

However, it just so happened that beside me on the bench was a pack of cigarettes. The only question was were they empty or still full? As luck would have it they were full. I gave them to Charles and he gleefully lit up. He even asked for my phone number, unfortunately, neither of us had a pen. It was likekismet I tell you! Then again, maybe I’ve watched one too many romantic comedies.......

The reason why I wanted to turn the poster in a day earlier than it was due is because I get off late in the evening on Tuesdays. There was a Baltimore Songwriters’ Association meeting being held at the Creative Alliance on the evening I dropped the poster off. I was told earlier in the day by a woman I spoke with on the phone that it would be ok to turn it in during the songwriters meeting.

When I made it to the CA I didn’t take much note if anyone was at front desk or not. I simply followed the signs on the outside wall of the building that led to the BSA meeting. Someone from the BSA let me in and I dropped off my poster that was still wet with glue from where I had to replace the three diamond like studs. I hope that they do not fall off on the night...

All in all I feel glad that the poster is off my hands. I hope that Scotty does not run into any trouble photographing it. I also hope that one day I will run into Charles again. Hopefully, the next time I see Charles he would have given up the cancer sticks.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a pink crocheted sweater, blue jeans, and blue suede shoes.


link | posted by gail at 10:45 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com