IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, April 15, 2005

FRIDAY COMMUTE:
I got on the #1 bus. I didn’t take much note of what the driver looked like. This was because as I was getting on the bus a man was rushing towards the driver. Apparently, he saw a man running for the bus and wanted to make sure that the driver stopped for him. The man did eventually get on the bus. When he got on, he was extremely happy and out of breathe.

CONCERN OF THE DAY: Taxes
Today, as every American knows is Tax Day. This is the day that you have to turn in your tax form or file for an extension. This year I did things a little different. I filed my State and Federal taxes online. For the first time ever in my adult life I owed only $1 on my federal taxes. This happened because I finally decided to take deductions on my school loans and charitable contributions.

However, as always I owed on my Maryland taxes. I had to pay about $163. Maryland has the reputation for being amongst the most over taxed states in the union.

All I can say now is that I hope that I don’t get audited for taking deductions on my school loans and charitable contributions. Last year I gave $10 a month to WYPR. I did this because I knew that at the end of year they would mail me a statement. I feel it’s better this way because there’s a written record on both ends of how much money I donated to them. I think I may add WTMD> on to my $10 a month donation club.

I tend to donate money every year to certain organizations but am unsure if they are tax deductible.

In case any one is taking score here are the organizations I give donations to every year; Amnesty International, NOW (National Organization For Women), Planned Parenthood, American Friends Service Committee, American Humanist Association, American Diabetes Association, Center Stage, the BSO, the Sierra Club, Chase Brexton Health Services, GMHC, Broadway Cares, Habitat for Humanity, and the Democratic National Committee.

As you can see from the above list, I’m basically a garden variety bleeding heart liberal...and damned proud of it!

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a lavender top and blue jeans along with brown leather lace up shoes.


link | posted by gail at 9:09 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com