IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, April 08, 2005

MORNING COMMUTE:
This morning I got on a bus that was labeled, Not In Service. I believe it was in actuality a #2. I don’t know for sure, all I know is that there were people on it when I got on. It was being driven by the 1960’s looking Diana Ross driver. The bus smelled a little like urine as did the light rail train. It should be noted that the shuttle bus was on time and no harsh scents emanated from it.

CONCERN OF THE DAY: WILL I GET FLASH 5?

I’ve been trying all this week to win Macromedia Flash 5 on eBay. I’ve always been interested in animation. I currently own Ray Dream Studio 3D. I tried a couple of years ago to use the software to render 3-D animation. I wasn’t too happy with it because it constantly crashed. So as you can imagine I rarely go near it.

After recently running across a web site where Flash was used to animate 20 second synopsis of movies I became re-interested in the possibilities of animation. The name of the web site is called Angry Alien.

I also found it neat that the female animator who’s responsible for the site is around my age and she started at around the same time I did. Also she was never an art major in school.

I see it all as a fresh DIY attitude. You know if you want to do something you have to Do It Yourself.

I know that in all likelihood I will never be hired by an animation studio. They tend to hire young male grads straight out of school. Me? I’m a woman vastly approaching middle age.

In the end I hope to either win it on eBay or find a web site that specializes in older discs for Macintosh computers.

I know, Flash 5 isn’t the latest Flash product, Flash MX is. However, Flash MX costs mucho dineros. So, thus I’ll settle for Flash 5 until the replacement for Flash MX comes along. When that happens I’ll plunck down my ducats for Flash MX.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on blue jeans, a blue sweater, and a black button down sweater. The shoes I have on brown leather lace ups.


link | posted by gail at 5:10 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com