IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

MORNING COMMUTE:
I got on the #2 bus. It was being driven by a woman who kind of reminded me of a 1960’s circa Diana Ross. The light rail, as well as the shuttle bus, were all on time today.

CONCERN OF THE DAY: Spring Art Projects
Today, it’s supposed to be in the 80’s. However, I will be indoors working on a painting for Maryland Art Place’s, Out of Order Show. I hope to have it in the gallery either this evening or sometime Thursday. The show will be on Friday.

I think I’ll even buck tradition this year and actually go to the Out of Order Show. If my painting doesn’t sell, then who cares?

I also found another art opportunity with Maryland Public Television. This year they will be holding a charity art auction.

Also this year I plan on doing another poster for the SOWEBO Festival. I probably will be submitting some art as I did last year. That is of course if I haven’t been banned or anything...

I haven’t decided if I’m going to participate in Artscape this year. None of the categories that they have up this year really caught my imagination. However, I’d hate not to submit anything. I like to keep my art out there even though no one’s really paying attention to it.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a long sleeve white button down blouse. The blouse has a floral design running down where the buttons are. I also have on a button down red sweater and blue slacks. For the first time this season I’m wearing my spring jacket. Even though it’s supposed to be in the 80’s today I’m wearing a scarf to work. I’m still a bit afraid of catching another cold. I’ll probably be taking off the scarf when the weather heats up. Yes, I’m also wearing brown leather lace up shoes.


link | posted by gail at 9:23 PM |


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 6:29 PM~  

Hi there! Great artwork! I enjoyed perusing your websites. You also have an interesting bio. Your self portrait is absolutely stunning...you are either extremely attractive...or a really great painter... Perhaps both?

At anyrate, I wish you the best in your art endeavors. If you are looking for an outlet for art sales, you may want to try cruise ships. I went on a week cruise, and every evening they had an art auction in which the paintings sold quite well.

The following is my website containing some of the portraiture that I do in my spare time.

http://www.creativecanvasarts.com/

Good luck

Cam

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 1:48 AM~  

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
»

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com