IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, April 01, 2005

I didn’t go into work this morning because I’m sick. Sick as a dog. My mother who was from Virginia and would often say colourful things would say, “Sicker than ten dogs.” I have no idea what that means but I can imagine that it means you’re feeling pretty darn sick.

Frankly, I’m surprised by the whole thing. I take massive amounts of vitamin C daily and yet I still get sick.

ANATOMY OF A COLD
It all started on Wednesday at work. I was feeling cold and shivering throughout the day. I was even rubbing my hands together to keep warm. I took the chilliness I was feeling as a possibility that the heat was turned off in the building so I paid no heed to it. As I looked around the office later in the day I noticed that no one else seemed especially cold. I took this as possibly meaning that I was overly sensitive to changes in temperature. Now that I look back on it, I had chills and didn’t realize it! I can’t believe I over rationalized the obvious!

Yesterday, at work my nose was running a lot and felt stuffy. All day I felt as though I was wading through oatmeal. Around 9-10am at work yesterday I knew I ought to be home. I had the distinct feeling that I had a fever. Luckily, at work yesterday, we were given the option to leave early. Since I felt, “Sicker than ten dogs.”, I took it. When I got home yesterday afternoon I checked my temperature it was running at 101!

I would have gone into work this morning if it wasn’t for the fact that I couldn’t get to sleep the night before. My nose was stuffy and I found it hard to get to sleep with my mouth open. In total last night I only got about two to three hours sleep.

All in all I think it was best that I stayed home today rather than suffer two days in a row of below standard work due to working with a fever.

In hindsight I still can’t believe I missed the obvious sign of chills on Wednesday! Here’s hoping that I’ll soon be back on the road to recovery.


link | posted by gail at 7:39 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com