IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, July 16, 2005

This morning I took the #8 bus heading towards Towson to pick up the webcam that I ordered yesterday from Best Buy.

The bus driver was running way ahead of schedule so she kept taking very long stops. It was also very dark outside threatening rainstorms. I forgot to bring an umbrella with me and was feeling very anxious.

Along the way her farebox got jammed so she was trying to clear it with a pencil. Then of all people a little old lady who had her grand daugter with her sweetly handed her a large Crockadile Dundee sized knife. A couple of passengers including myself chuckled over the fact that a sweet little old lady was carrying such a big knife in her purse.

Also on the ride home was the largest number of women wearing dread locks 6 including myslef on the #8 bus.

After I picked up my camera I bought yet another security alarm from Radio Shack. As God is my witness I swear I will set this one up!

After I bought the motion detector alarm that comes with a keychain remote I headed over to the Towson Commons to watch movies. That afternoon I saw Wedding Crashers followed by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Quick Movie Review Time!

WEDDING CRASHERS

This movie was absolutely brilliant! I laughed so much I became hoarse! If you see one comedy this year Wedding Crashers is it. Yeah, I know the previous sentence sounds cliched but it’s the truth. RUN, DON’T WALK TO SEE WEDDING CRASHERS!!!!

CHARLIE & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
Johnny Depp did a great job as usual as did Freddie Highmore the kid from Neverland. The one main problem I had with it was the Oompa Loompa songs. The songs were not very melodic. Also the tune was different when each kid was eliminated. In the 1971 original movie the songs were more consistent and humable. To me the songs in the new version sound like faux 80’s rap composed by a tragically unhip middle aged white guy.

Here’s the part in my blog where I admit that was so geeky as kid that I read the book. No where in the original book does it mention Willy Wonka having father issues. I hate that they tacked this stupid storyline in to explain Wonka’s motivation. However, it was nice to see Christopher Lee play his father.

Overall, my feelings about the movie are tepid. I see no need to rush out and see the movie. My advice is wait until it comes out on cable....


link | posted by gail at 10:37 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com