IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, August 30, 2005


nearwalterscrab, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This a crab sculpture I saw across the street from The Walters Art Gallery in my hometown of Baltimore, MD.

This morning I attempted to buy an energy drink at the 7-ELEVEN but chickened out at the last minute.

You see ever since someone left a comment on one of my entries explaining that Red Bull was not an alcoholic beverage I thought I’d give it a try. This week would have been a perfect opportunity to give it a try because at work just for this week only they have offered us extra overtime.

The one thing that made me uncomfortable in purchasing a drink was the design on almost all of the cans of energy drinks. To my eyes the design and packaging was just too reminiscent of booze even though it’s not booze.

I would have felt uncomfortable all day at work wondering if my brand new supervisor or co-workers seeing just a silvery can on my desk would assume that I was boozing it up in my cubicle. I could just imagine them sadly shaking there heads as they passed by. Then before you know it I’d be called into Dave’s office (my supervisor’s supervisor) and then having to explain to him, “No sir, I don’t have a drinking problem. Yes, I know the company provides for free confidential counseling.”

I just couldn’t bring myself to risk the possibility of looking as if I were doing something improper even though what I was doing would have been on the up and up. Damn, those makers of energy drinks for making them all look like cans of malt liquor! I suppose I’ll never find out if energy drinks truly give you energy....

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a royal blue short sleeve top and a paisley skirt with black slides.


link | posted by gail at 9:28 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com