IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, December 28, 2005


, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

Here's another cute holiday scene I found around town. This one is from someones front lawn. It is a picture of two polar bears. One is cartoon like, the other one is slightly more realistic looking.

I finally voted in DCRTV’s Best/Worst 2005. I was thoroughly surprised when I went to the website to find that website owner Dave Hughes quoted me on the front page!! He used my quote of, “WTMD is the best radio station in the area. This station has introduced me to so many new artists. I am forever in there debt.” Ok, he did not use the entire quote. It was a partial quote . Anyway, it looks like I will have to finally pony up a financial contribution to the website.

But never the less here is my Best/Worst in Baltimore Radio/Media 2005.....


Best:

1. Don Geronimo’s heartfelt on air tribute to his late wife Freda.

2. The man, the myth, the legend,....Josh Spiegel on 98 Rock. He is the only reason that I listen to the morning show.

3. JACK FM on WQSR, they really play a wide variety of songs! Could have sworn I heard them play a Shakin' Stevens song one morning. Now tell me when was the last time you heard Shakin' Stevens on the airwaves?

4. WTMD - best radio station in the area. This station has introduced me to so many new artists. I am forever in there debt.

5. Marty Bass, some people are annoyed by this local weatherman while I am constantly entertained by him.

6. The under appreciated and misunderstood Big O and Dukes Show. I don't care what anyone says I found them to be extremely funny and talented. In fact I would prefer listening to them in the morning than The Junkies.


Worst:

1. The untimely deaths of R. Edward Lopez, Freda Wright-Sorce, Chuck Thompson, and David Haines.

2. Miles and Thrill leaving for Seattle,

3. The multiple firings of Big O and Dukes on the same radio station in one year.

4. The Junkies ADD, four people talking at once, radio show that will be back on WHFS in the morning. Arggghhh!!!! God save Us!!!!

5. The cackle that ate DC, Elliott 'the Hyena' in the Morning.

6. Free FM, what a stupid name!

7. and....The most boring show in the history of broadcasting, The Ed Norris Show. The show is nothing without Chad Dukes riding shotgun to liven things up.


link | posted by gail at 11:26 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com