IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Today, I was back at Church again. It appears that one of our co-ministers is back. I understand that she has not been feeling well lately. It was nice to see her back. I hope that her appearance today means that she is well on her way on the road to recovery.

After Church I went over to the Hunt Valley Walmart. I had not been there since I last saw the place crawling with TSA agents a couple of weeks ago. They were doing some sort of a security check at the Hunt Valley light rail Station. Thankfully, they were not running a security check today.

The reason I wanted to go to Walmart was that ever since I saw this ad for the Mr. Coffee Ice Tea Maker in the new Examiner newspaper a couple of weeks ago I wanted one. I was practically salivating over the thought of owning one.

You see I have recently had a renewed love affair with tea. This affair was re-sparked with my recent discovery of caffeine free tea. As you may or may not recall a couple of years ago I had to give up drinking green tea because the caffeine in it was too much for me. OK, it was more or less the combination of caffeine and Mountain Dew. Anyway, it was giving me a heart arrhythmia so I had to stop.

As far as the Ice Tea Maker goes I found it for 18.99. This was incredible because in the newspaper it said the product retailed at 29.99. I felt lucky to get the Ice Tea Maker because as I was there there was this man who had loaded two of them into his cart. I suppose he was stocking up on potential wedding/graduation presents or something. Also while there I picked up new tea kettle. I would usually just brew my tea with plain old hot water out of the tap. I wonder if the flavour will be different with hot boiling water instead of tepid water?

At the bus stop on the way home from Walmart I saw an unusual sight. I saw two lesbians holding hands and kissing. This was unusual because you do not usually see things like that in Baltimore. At first I had thought that maybe they were related or something because they were just holding hands as they walked. It was only when they started running their hands through each others hair and kissing that I realized that they were not related.

No one on the bus stop raised an eyebrow. I suppose this means that Baltimore is on its way to becoming as open a place as New York city is. Personally, I feel that this a good thing. However, the real test to Baltimore’s openness would be if the people on the bus stop had reacted the same if it were two men instead of two women?


link | posted by gail at 8:36 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com