IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The UK is trying to recruit Morrissey to write a song for them for some European song contest. Are they mad? Who would recruit Morrisey also known as Miserable Morrisey to write songs for them? The guy is known for churning out depressing songs.

Despite the above paragraph I am Smiths fan as well as a Morrissey fan. My all time favourite over the top maudlin Morrissey lyric comes from his tenure with The Smiths. Its from the song, There is a Light that Never Goes out. The lyric is as follows:
and if a double decker bus
crashes into us
to die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die

Whenever, I hear that lyric I can not help but laugh at the over the topness of it. Then again what do I know maybe Steven Patrick Morrissey can pull it off.

If it were my choice to choose who would write a song for the UK I would choose someone like Paul McCartney. I suppose right now he is probably very busy going through his divorce with Heather Mills. Other possiblities would be Robyn Hitchcock or maybe XTC’s lead singer/songwriter Andy Partridge. To the best of my knowledge Hitchcock and Partridge are currently not very busy.

Any way just for the heck of it below I have included the original video to The Smiths song, There is a Light that Never Goes Out.




WALKING STATS

STEPS....10149
MILES....4.00
CALORIES BURNED....446


link | posted by gail at 8:23 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com