IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, March 30, 2007

MORNING COMMUTE:
This morning I walked down to the light rail station. I was careful to avoid the side of the street with the man on the Medical School steps. When I finally made it down to the station the train left on time.

AN INCREDIBLE ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE
Yesterday something happened that I thought would never happen in a million years. In fact it was on my list of things that would never happen at work. I won’t get into what is on that list... However high on that list was that co-worker Arnold would never offer to drive me to the annual Christmas luncheon or to the light rail station. He does not appear to be the type of person that offers anything to anyone. So imagine my surprise and delight when he offered to drive me to the light rail station. I still can not believe that he actually offered to drive me to the light rail station! I am sure that this was just a one off deal and that the odds are against him ever offering to drive me aywhere again. The reason why he drove me to the light rail station was that he said he had somewhere to go that was near the Mount Washington stop.

The ride over was very scenic. The area near Mount Washington appears to be very upscale. If I had money I would live there.

The first station preset on his car radio was WBJC so we listened to classical music throughout the ride. This was OK with me because I like classical music in addition to other types of music. In fact I listen to classical music cd’s at work. He told me during the ride that he especially liked baroque music. There was a concert of baroque music at An Die Musik that he was going to. He told me that tickets for shows at An Die Musik were relatively inexpensive. I had no idea that he went out from time to time to classical music concerts. And here I am a BSO subscriber!

Like I wrote before, he does not appear to be the sort that offers anything to anyone. So Im in shock. Its not a bad shock. Its more of a happy awe struck shock. Arnold is number one on my list of favourite co-workers.

Right now Im having a feeling that maybe everything I thought was impossible was in fact possible. Anyway, at the very end of todays post is a video of violinist Nigel Kennedy performing Spring from Vivaldi’s Four Seasons. Also here is a link to music samples of other baroque composers. Just click here is a link to music samples of other baroque composers to get to it.

WHAT I AM WEARING:
Today, I have on khaki green slacks, a pink v-neck lycra shirt, a cotton cardigan of dark blue with a design of red, green, and yellow. On my feet are Nike MaxAir shoes.


WALKING LOG

STEPS....10910
MILES....2.06
CALORIES BURNED....332


NIGEL KENNEDY Plays Spring From Vivaldi’s Four Seasons


link | posted by gail at 7:08 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com