IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, April 16, 2007

JURY DUTY
Today unfortunately I had jury duty. I left out the house at 7:50. I was due in the courthouse at 8:15. I was not too worried because I live a hop, skip, and a jump from the courthouse. I caught a cab. The cabbie charged me $8 for the ride before he even pulled off. It was fine with me. Throughout the ride he regalled me with stories about how in the past he got out of doing jury duty. One particular time he told them he had a weak bladder and had to frequently pee. Amazingly, they believed him and he did not have to do jury duty. Since then it has become his excuse of choice. I got to the courthouse at 7:11. To entertain myself I bought my iPod and my Harry Potter Book as well as art supplies. I was surprised that they did not confiscate the iPod. There was one annoying juror in the jury waiting room. It was old lady who kept coughing and coughing as though she were on her death bed. Was she really sick or working an angle to get dismissed from jury duty?

I almost got selected twice for a jury. One was for a burglary case. The defendant was a grey haired 50-60 year old man who seemed as though he was on methadone. He could not stand up without starting to slowly stoop down. My verdict would be guilty. I assumed be burglarized a house to get money to buy drugs. It was just so sad. He was an elderly man with a drug habit.

The other case involved a young 20something chubby alleged drug dealer who reminded me of a chocolate Pillsbury Dough boy. He did not look the slightest bit menacing. The only thing with him was that I wished that he had bothered to tuck in his dress shirt.

The movies we watched while in the jury waiting room were Akeelah and the Bee and Monster in Law.

Last summer my niece gave me Akeelah and the Bee to watch but I never got around to watching it. From what I saw of the movie in the courthouse it was pretty good. I think I will go back and watch it in its entirety at home. I especially loved that poem that Laurence_Fishburne>Laurence Fishburne had the little girl read. I want to find that poem and frame it. The movie stopped at the point where Akeelah is invited to a party given by a Latino kid.The other movie I saw a small bit of was Monster in Law. I did not get a chance to see that much of it because we were quickly dismissed for the day. At first when I was watching the movie I thought Wanda Sykes was Florence from The Jeffersons. Then I realized that Marla Gibbs who played Florence is probably ancient by now and it must be Wanda Sykes! Not until then had I noticed how much Wanda Sykes resembles a young Marla Gibbs. If anyone ever decides to make a Jeffersons movie Wanda Sykes should play Florence. She was born to play Marla Gibbs!

As far as the rest of jury duty went we were all dismissed from the courthouse at 4:00. I got $15 for the day. Oh, Joy! Im Rich......

WALKING LOG

STEPS....3858
MILES....0.73
CALORIES BURNED....141


link | posted by gail at 8:41 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com