IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, October 04, 2007

MORNING COMMUTE:
I left out early enough to walk down to the light rail station. I made it just in the nick of time. The train was coming into the station just as I arrived. It should be noted that the train arrived two minutes ahead of schedule. To the drivers credit she stayed in the station until 6:10 then she pulled off.

FALL TV SHOWS
I rarely watch TV in real time. I mainly watch it on the internet. TV shows seem to come on at inconvenient times for me. However, yesterday I made an exception I made it a point to watch Pushing Daisies and Life without knowing what times they come on. I ended up watching Pushing Daisies and a little bit of Life. I could not watch much of Life because it comes on around my bedtime.

I really liked Pushing Daisies. It was very fanciful and original. I loved the look of the show. Its very colourful and Alice in Wonderland like set designs. I think I may either try to watch it regulary as it comes on at 8pm or catch it on delay on the internet. I can only watch shows in real time that come on before 10pm.

I saw very little of Life. The premise of it is interesting. Damien Lewis does a good American accent.

I also watched bits of the Bionic Woman. UK soap actress Michelle Ryan does a very good American accent as well.

OK, I watch a lot of UK TV... So I have an idea beforehand who is and is not a real American. In the CBS series, Moonlight both leads are not American. Nick the Vampire is played by Australian actor, Alex O’Loughlin. I do not know why but Australian actors seem to do a kick as job in simulating American accents.

Beth, the vampire detective’s love interest, is played by Sophia Myles who in real life is British. She appeared in the brilliant Doctor Who episode The Girl in the Fireplace as Madame de Pompadour. She is also the girlfriend of the man who currently plays Doctor Who, David Tennant. She also does a good American accent.

You would not know by watching the show that almost no Americans were harmed in the making of the show. :)

I suppose tonight I will try to catch another new show. I still have not watched the season openers to My Name is Earl and The Office. I’ll catch them over the internet as well as there second episodes.

WHAT IM WEARING:
Today, I have on chocolate brown slacks, a short sleeve v-neck top of orange, white, brown, pink, tan, and yellow, as well as Nike MaxAir shoes.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....10907
MILES....3.44
CALORIES BURNED....443


link | posted by gail at 6:51 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com