IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, February 28, 2008

MORNING COMMUTE:
It is extremely cold outside this morning. The simple tactic I employed to be on time for work appears to still be working. The simple tactic is to bathe and iron my clothes the night before as oppossed to during the morning. Again the #20 driver was a woman who looks like Pearl Bailey with a small afro. When I got to the light rail station at 6:08 I was feeling apprehensive. The reason being was that there was not a single soul in sight. The reason for this I assumed was that the train had arrived earlier than scheduled. I was relieved a few minutes later when people started to arrive at the light rail stop. Then I looked down the street and saw that a train was on its way. It looks like I will be on time for work three days in a row.

DAD IN ICU
Yesterday, I visited my father in the ICU of Maryland General Hopsital. He appears to be doing well. I gave him the cookies I was going to bring him at the nursing home. He was in good spirits. He was breathing normally. In my opinion he was the least sickest person in the ICU. When I left I saw the ICU doctor he told me that they were going to move him to a room on the floor. This is good. That means they may release him soon. According to my niece who is an ICU nurse she says that once he is on the floor they will observe him for 24 hours then determine if he should stay or be released.

I had not stepped foot in that particular hospital since I used to work there a decade ago. I felt a little disturbed that the nursing home refused to tell his ICU doctor what medicines they were giving him. Eventually, they relented and told him. I feel this is extremely odd. For all we know they could have been giving him the wrong meds and not bothering to check what they give patients. This is very dangerous. My father is a heart patient he also had a bad reaction to a heart medication called Coreg. I am 100% positive that he will be released soon. I will visit him again today with Pepprich Farms oatmeal raison cookies.

Oddly, yesterday I was trying to call my cousin Darlene to tell her what happened. The only thing was that I had misstyped her number into my computer. Luckily almost as if by magic she called me up. Then I told her what happened to my father.

AMERICAN IDOL
I missed watching it yesterday because of the drama that was going on at the nursing home with them not telling where they had moved my father. Tonights installment featured the women. In my opinion almost all the female singers were horrible. The reason being is that they made poor song choices that did not suit there voices. I still do not have a favourite male or female singer.

WHAT IM WEARING:
Today, I have on a blue tweed zip up funnel neck sweater, a blue knit turtle neck, blue jeans, and Reebok Walk Steady shoes.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....10052
MILES....3.80
CALORIES BURNED....416


link | posted by gail at 5:10 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com