IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, February 09, 2008

VISITING DAD
I visited my father at the rehab center/nursing home. When I got there cousin Darlene was there with her sister. Sadly, I can not tell Michelle and Lawanna apart. Ive known them all my life but to me they look like the same person. I wonder if they have noticed that I have never once refered to either of them by there first name. The only one I can tell apart is Darlene. The other two have distinct personalities one is very sweet the other I can not get a read on.

Im deathly afraid of calling them by the wrong names. So for the past 30 or so years Ive avoided calling Lawanna and Michelle by there first names. I think they would feel deeply insulted that after all this time I can not tell them apart. I know there faces when I see them but the names I am afraid of mismatching. Darlene on the other hand I know. She is the eldest and has a different body shape than the other two. My aunt Gloria used to call them the girls.

When they visited my father they bought over a pair of reading glasses for him. When I left out of there around 7:30pm it was raining. I had no idea it was raining outside when I was in the building also I did not bother to bring an umbrella. When I left out to visit him the weather did not give the slightest hint of rain.

MY iPOD SHUFFLE IS DEAD
Its official my iPod shuffle of four years is dead. I feel a since of lost as though another family member has passed away. Ironically enough it died on the one week anniversary of my aunt Jo’s funeral. I do not feel I could bare to go a weekend iPod-less. My only recourse is to go out and buy a brand new second generation iPod shuffle similar to the ones I bought my nephew and grand niece last Summer.

So this evening after much contemplation I went out and bought a new second generation iPod at Sears. It is similar to the ones I bought my nephew and grandniece last summer.

I went home after visiting dad to get an umbrella then took the #44 Quick Bus that seems to run every fifteen seconds to Security Square Mall. The bus showed up at 8:18 the mall closes at 9:30. Since it was a Quick Bus I made it to the mall well before closing time.

I got it in my new iPod in my favourite colour, purple. At first the guy said that they only had two iPod shuffles left in orange. I was crestfallen. Then I supposed he called downstairs to customer pickup and it turns out that they still had purple available but I would have to pick it up downstairs at the Merchandise Pick Up area downstairs. Apparently, the two orange iPods was all that was left on the floor in the electronics department but they had different colours available for pickup downstairs. I suppose they might have shipped in today and had yet to be moved up to the electronics department.

An iPod shuffle is not exactly the type of item I associate with as with as a Merchandise Pick Up item. Whenever I went to that part of the store it was usually for large items that had to be loaded into the car like a TV set or sofa. Oddly, enough when I gave them my phone number the account is still tied to my fathers name. So that was kind of cool. To the best of my knowledge he still has a Sears card.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....8447
MILES....3.19
CALORIES BURNED....344


link | posted by gail at 11:23 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com