IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

The bus and train both were on time this morning. I did not get much sleep last night. I was trying to fix the dates on my blog. As you probably may or may not be able to see I have a few posts with double dates on them. It was difficult to fix what the problem originally was. You see I recently discovered that there is a function on blogger that allows you to select the date you want to head your posts with. I had previously entered the date header manually. As I’ve written before I know just a little of html code to get by with. Well, as I began to play around with the newly discovered blogger function the posts became jumbled up in order. Right now they are in order. However, they have double dates. It was such a headache last night to get them in order. I do not want to suffer another one wiping out the double dates. Maybe, I’ll give it a go over the weekend.

Also, yesterday, I went to the library. I picked up two books about Ganesha. As I’ve written in a previous post I am researching Ganesha for a mail art project I’m working on. By the way I get all my leads for places to send mail art to from Kiyotei’s website. I swear that site is power packed with leads. Anyway the books I took out for my research were The Broken Tusk by Uma Krishnaswami and Loving Ganesa by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami. I also tried to find a book I was really into in my late teens/early twenties, Everyday Zen. I really loved that book! Somehow, it became misplaced in my move from my father's house to my apartment. I guess I was an unusual kid being into existentialism and Zen while other kids were into dating and partying.

Oh, another thing before I go! The best speaker at last night’s Democratic Convention was Barack Obama. After seeing him I think it’s possible that he might be our first black Vice President or dare I say it our first black President! I first learned of Obama yesterday morning on NPR’s Morning Edition.

Also, I still hope no one tells me to take my John Kerry sticker down from my cubicle. Maybe, I should get a Bush sticker so that my cubicle can be fair and balanced unlike the Fox news network. Speaking of which I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy of Out Foxed. That’s it for now!


link | posted by gail at 10:10 PM |


1 Comments:

Blogger kiyotei & aimee commented at 10:53 PM~  

Thanks for the link- they are always appreciated... especially with the keywords mail art (or mailart) in the text.

I don't believe we have corresponDanced yet, so send me your addy via email and I'll pop something in the toaster for you -

P.S.- here's mine if you are so inclined:
kiyotei
pobox 2786 / Carlsbad, CA 92018

No pressure! :-) ignore this post freely.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com