IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, July 26, 2004

Monday, July 26, 2004

I left out early for work. The bus was late. It was also driven by a driver that I had never seen before. I suppose either my regular driver is on vacation or took the day off. So thus I just missed the train heading to Hunt Valley. However, I got to watch it drive right by me. I saw the harbinger off lateness guy this morning. It has just occurred to me that the celebrity he most resembles is a slightly younger version of 60 Minutes commentator Andy Rooney. Also on the light rail stop was this girl named Bird. She usually comes to work in car driven by her sister Alexis. To the best that I could see Alexis was not on the light rail stop with her sister. I suppose they must be having car trouble.

Anyway you slice it it looks like I’m going to be late today. Last week I was late. I don’t like this. I work very hard to be on time just to be done in by vacationing bus drivers or over zealous light rail drivers who are filling in for vacationing light rail drivers.

Also yesterday I watched New Order Story. Since I’m pretty much a hardcore New Order fan I really enjoyed the video. Watching the video in a way was very fitting because on Friday I got my cd’s of Joy Division’s Substance and Unknown Pleasures. So I’ve had a very New Order/Joy Division filled weekend.

I have to say that every time I listen to the Joy Division cds I feel that I should be wearing black clothes and sporting black eyeliner. They’re very goth sounding.

Another cd I got on Friday was Modest Mouse’s,Good News For People Who Like Bad News. I checked Amazon’s if you own this list and again eerily I have cd’s in common. I own Wilco, and the Strokes. I want to get Death Cab For Cutie and The Yeah Yeah Yeahs. You know I broke my sacred three hit songs rule when I bought the Modest Mouse cd. I also broke it last year when I got The Dandy Warhols, Welcome To The Monkey House. I hope I don’t do it again. I don’t regret my purchases. It’s just I’ve got to obey my own record buying rules. No purchases of cd’s until there are at least three hit songs on it.

Oh, before I go I have to say that my painting is still on display in the Pinkard Gallery of the Maryland Institute College of Art up until Saturday, July, 31, 2004.


link | posted by gail at 12:21 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com