IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, July 16, 2004

Friday, July 16, 2004

Today, is the first day of Artscape. For the first time ever I bought one of those portable chairs. I am taking it to work with me. I regularly go to Artscape every year on Friday straight from work. As I’ve written before the light rail stops right dab in the middle of it. I bought the chair a couple of weeks ago at Walmart. I got it so that I could plant it down in the grass where the Sun Stage is. Then after my chair is planted down I can safely go about visiting various sites in the festival. I would like to plant it somewhere near a tree. I hope no one runs off with it.

In all the years I’ve went I’ve never seen anyone steal a chair or a blanket. In a way it’s comparable to the chairs that people leave out after they’ve cleared there parking space after a snowstorm.

The only big thing I hope is that it doesn't rain. I would hate that I went through all the trouble to buy a chair and lug it all the way to work for nothing.

Today’s big acts are Isaac Hayes and The Commodores. Yeah, I know it’s not the original lineup of The Commodores but I don’t care. A couple of years ago I saw Kool and the Gang and was shocked to later learn that it was not the original line up. They sounded just like Kool and the Gang. I didn’t know that anything was different until I did an internet search on them after the show. I trust that The Commodores will still be good even without Lionel Ritchie. I wonder if they still have that British guy in the group?


link | posted by gail at 10:14 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com