IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Wednesday, July 7, 2004

Happy Birthday Arlesia! Today is my niece’s 24th birthday.

Yesterday, I got my money from Marc and finally met him. I had no preconceived notions about what a Marc Braun might look like. From talking with him on the phone I could not gather if he was around my age or older. Heck, for all I know he could have been a six foot tall talking white rabbit.

After meeting him I can not think of a celebrity he most resembles. However, he did turned out to be a human. He was a curly haired man with slightly graying hair. He shook my hand twice. The first hand shake was firm the second wasn’t so strong. He told me that the guy who bought my painting still hadn’t shown up yet. He asked if I wanted the buyers name and phone number. I was ambivalent. I don’t know what good that would do me. Maybe he forgot about the painting. Maybe it was bought on the spur of the moment and now he regrets the purchase.

Over the phone before I came over he gave me the option of payment in the form of cash or a check. I told him it didn’t matter to me either way. When I got there he wrote out a check right there on the spot. On his check was the notation that said he was a sculptor. I didn’t know you could have checks made out like that. I wonder if I can get ones that say, GJ Willis Neer Do Well Artist? While writing out the check he misspelled my last name. I can’t believe he thought that Willis is spelled Willus. That’s the first time ever that anyone has misspelled my last name. People misspell Gail from time to time but never my last name.

As I was leaving I spotted these guys who were carrying chairs into the Carriage House. It kind of made me wonder, what goes on at the Carriage House? Do they work for him ? Are they independent artists who rent out space from him?

Also today, I started on my principle sketches for my new series of paintings. I did some work on my gingerbread men in oil. Instead of traditional oil paint I’m going to do these in oil sticks. These are different from oil pastels in the sense that it is actual oil paint in stick form. Both mediums (oil paint sticks and oil pastels) are 100% blendable by hand.

I’ve always liked regular pastel sticks. However, SURPRISE, I have allergies. The dust that comes off of the traditional chalky pastel is guaranteed to make me break out my asthma inhaler.

Today, my first Harry Connick Jr. cd arrived. I kind of snapped over the holiday weekend and started bidding on all these Harry Connick Jr. cd’s. I barely can recall the names of the cd’s I won on eBay. I think the ones I won are She, We Are In Love, and Red Light Blue Light or something or other like that. I tried to win the one called I think....Songs I Know. That cd has Harry doing swing versions of children’s songs like Oomp a Loompah, Ding Dong the Witch is Dead, etc. I think that one will be loads of fun to listen to.


link | posted by gail at 10:45 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com