IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Friday, July 2, 2004

Today, hopefully I will be able to pick up my money for the artwork. I’ve been stressing out over it so much that I now have canker sores in my mouth. When I’m stressed that’s what happens. So I’ve been taking over the counter medicine to get rid of it.

Yesterday, I’ve noticed that they have started setting up for Artscape. Looks like they will be setting up another little house in the same location as they had last year.

They will be having an opening night reception sometime either next week or the week after. I didn’t go to last year’s reception. Since I’ve done a lot more things this year then last I think I’ll go over and give it a look see.

Next year I think I should attend the opening night reception for the Creative Alliance’s member’s only show. The only reason I didn’t go this year was that it was also the day I had to go to MAP to hang my work for the Out of Order Show. As I recall it was raining heavily that day. I had to go to MAP not once but twice. I went back a second time that day after hanging my work because I had picked up their hammer by accident and took it home with me. I had an umbrella and a lot of bags with me that day. I got a little confused. I left the umbrella at the gallery and took the hammer home.

If I had went to the Creative Alliance reception that meant I had to venture out into the rain not twice but three times. I figured if I went out a second time after being soaked to the bone I’d end up very sick. So thus, I did not attend The Creative Alliance’s 2004 members show opening night reception.


link | posted by gail at 10:05 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com