IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Friday, July 9, 2004

Yesterday, the oddest thing happened someone asked me to do a portrait. A woman wanted me to do a portrait of herself and her two sons. She asked me how much I would charge for it. I was dumbfounded. I have no idea if I should do it or not. I’m afraid that if I do it she might end up hating it and me as well for not making a good enough likeness. Then again maybe I should just go ahead and do it and see what happens. Who knows maybe it would turn out pretty good.

Did I mention that she works for the same company I do? I see her everyday on the light rail train. She gets on at the North Avenue stop. Well, yesterday she saw me sketching one of the ads that are inside the light rail train. She thought I was an actual legitimate artist. You know goes to art school and all that. I’m still shocked that she thought my work looked good enough to do a portrait of herself and her sons. Am I really an artist or one big fake?

Tonight is the opening reception for Artscape. On the Artmobile mail list I learned that one of the posters is also having her work exhibited there. It’s also her 37th birthday.

This year’s Artscape should be good. I'm not just saying that because my work is on exhibit. They have a lot of good musical groups this year. The ones I'm looking forward to the most are Violent Femmes and Van Hunt.

I still can’t believe that Violent Femmes will be there!! They were big back in the day. Well, they were big in my tiny universe. My all time favorite song of there’s is, Add it Up. I also like Blister in The Sun, Gone Daddy Gone, and American Music. I wonder if Gordon Gano is still hot?

Also a new artist that I love named Van Hunt will be there. I love his new cd. I’ve been playing it a lot at home.



link | posted by gail at 11:07 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com