IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, July 15, 2004

It’s been a very long time since I’ve posted my daily logs. I’m rarely happy around this time of year. The reason for this is because my mother died in July many years ago. Thus, in July, I’m very depressed. I’ve been writing regularly in my Alphasmart but not posting.

Yesterday, I washed my hair and re-twisted my locks.

WARNING: IF YOU’RE A BABY BOOMER THIS IS OLD NEWS

I’m really enjoying this new cd I got called Nilsson Schmilsson by a guy named Harry Nilsson. I kind of discovered it while listening to NPR’s, All Things Considered, a couple of months ago. They were doing a review of the reissue. I liked the songs that I heard so I recently bought the cd. I’m not dissapointed. The cd doesn’t sound dated at all. I can see someone like Loudon Wainwright playing this stuff today. I think I may get another Nilsson cd. I want to get the one that has Girlfriend on it because Girlfriend was the original title of the theme song to The Courtship of Eddie’s Father. In case you didn’t know Nilsson wrote and sang the theme to that show. He changed the title to Best Friend. He never put the tv version of the song on an album because there would be all these legal entaglements as to who owned the rights the networks or Nilsson. The only album that has that rarity is one of his greatest hits cd’s. I must buy it!

You know I find it ironic that I’m enjoying listening to music that is as old as I am. Nilsson Schmilsson has been on the earth as long as I have... It's like my musical twin!

Also I found a lot of facts about Nilsson yesterday by doing an internet search. He was a drinking buddy of John Lennon's. He never performed live. All his work was done in studio. He wrote a lot of songs for other people. He wasn't the writer of two of his own biggest hits, Everybody's Talking and Without You. After John Lennon's death he lobbied for more stringent gun control laws. He died in 1994 something about diabetes and a massive heart attack. From the pictures I've seen of him he did'nt look morbidly obese. He looked average sized. It must have been all the booze and partying that done him in.

Oh, I would also like to get a dvd of the cartoon he wrote the music for. I think it was called, The Point. I remember that I loved watching it when it came on tv. I recall that I loved one of the songs on it in particular called, Me and My Arrow. I believe I saw it on PBS. I think they ran it during one of there fund drives.

Anyway, right now I want to learn almost everything I can about Nilsson. I'm, that blown away by the cd. I can’t get one song out of my head. The song that’s trapped in my head right now is the very catchy, Got To Get Up in The Morning.


link | posted by gail at 11:55 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com