IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

July, 20, 2004

The bus came on time this morning. However, I had a since of foreboding when I got to the light rail stop. It was completely devoid of people. That would mean either one of two things, the train left five minutes earlier than usual or there was trouble with the tracks. I looked down at the southbound tracks and noticed that a train was stalled at the Convention Center stop. The train’s lights were flashing wildly. Oh, geez! It looks like there will be the distinct possibility that I will be late this morning!

The Penn Station train came at the time that my Hunt Valley train usually arrives. So now it looks like the trains are running 15 minutes behind. If I’m late for work this morning it’s not my fault. Blame the MTA!

It turned out I was on time. However, I didn’t have enough time to eat breakfast. I like to arrive early enough for work where I can sit down and eat breakfast in the cafeteria. After all, they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

After work I went to the library and dropped off some books. I picked up Gloria Mallette’s Promises To Keep, David Handler’s The Cold Blue Blood, Sharyn McCrumb’s Bimbo’s of The Dead Sun, and Stuart Kaminsky’s Murder On The Yellowbrick Road.

I had previously taken out Gloria Mallette and David Handler’s books but never finished reading them. Hopefully they will be completed this time. The only book I finished reading from last time was Good Peoples by Marcus Major. I have to admit that I loathed it. The protagonist of the book Miles Moore was way too mawkish and cutesy wootsey for my tastes. There isn’t that enough cute in the world. Also the author couldn’t have been more obvious. Giving the protagonist the same MM initials as himself as well as the same profession. Marcus Major taught school as does his protagonist. Also I hated the woman in the book Marisa Marero. Ugh, another MM name!! I didn’t feel anything for her. She seemed like a first class bitch. Also the ending wasn’t believable.

Let’s see she (Marisa) hasn’t seen or heard from him (Miles) in several months yet she knows magically where to find him. He never told her anywhere in the book that he would be teaching summer school. How did she know? Besides, I loathe romance novels. I’m more into suspence and mystery.

I picked out the other two books, (Murder on The Yellow Brick Road and Bimbos) of the Sun because they had interesting titles. I have to say that I’m a little more familiar with Kamisky’s work. I previosly read his A Cold Red Sunrise a couple of summers ago. I’ve never read anything by McCrumb. Hopefully her book will be as interesting as the premise for it is.


link | posted by gail at 9:18 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com