IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Today I got up good and early to do my grocery shopping. I left out at about 7:45 thinking that my neighborhood Safeway opens up at 8 it turns out that the earliest they open up at is 6am. As I was about to leave the store I encountered a homeless man who asked me if I had 50 so that he could buy a pack of hotdogs. He told me he hadn’t eaten in days. I told him I didn’t have the 50 cents, which was true. I usually pay for everything with my check card. I haven’t paid cash for groceries, clothes in years.

Anyway, I told the man that I would pay for it for him. He did not walk away. Which I assume meant that he really was hungry and wanted the food and not the money. He then wanted bread to go with the hotdogs. I bought them both for him along with my groceries. I didn’t give him my name because I didn’t see the point. He told me his name was Geronimo.

As I we were leaving out the door security stopped him because he had a bag. This was of course the bag of food that I had paid him. I suppose that he must regularly go in there and steal food or something. Well this time I paid for it. So I went back in and told the security guard that I paid for his bag of food.

After I left the store he started following me. I felt uncomfortable about this. What if he wanted to come over my house and regularly beg me for money. So I ran to shake him off.

To this day I don’t know if he really needed the food because he was hungry or if he later trashed the food. I’ve seen homeless people do that before. They get somebody to buy something for them when all they wanted was the money then later when the person isn’t looking they throw it away. Then of course he could have sold it for drug money or booze. Either way I don’t care. He looked like he needed help. He seemed sincere. What he finally did with the hotdogs and bread is on his conscious not mine.

Also, I could not log into PayPal today. I had been trying since 9PM. I tried again at around 6PM. Then I decided to change browsers. I no longer use Internet Explorer or Netscape as my primary browser. I downloaded an entirely different browser and now I have no trouble what so ever logging into paypal. I have used paypal for years. This was the first time I ever experienced any problems with them. So now the Violent Femmes, Add It Up 1981-1993 and Harry Nilsson’s Greatest Hits are paid for. I got the Violent Femmes cd because I recently realized that the only copy I have of that is a cassette. I got Nilsson’s Greatest Hits as I’ve said before because it is the only place where you can find Girlfriend, the original title of Best Friend the theme song to the Courtship of Eddie’s Father’s.


link | posted by gail at 12:07 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com