IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

The above is one of the paintings I completed this August. It's almost the mirror image of the painting below. I experimented a little with this one. I was trying to get the effect of a watercolour-like rainbow wash in the curtains. You know the kind like PBS watercolour artist Tom Lynch does with his paintings. Only I wanted the effect isolated to the curtains. It was very difficult to do. So the end result is half watercolour(acrylic) wash and half drawn in colors for emphasis.

Today, the bus was late. However, the light rail was on time. Oddly, enough the train arrived at my end destination 15 minutes early.

Yesterday, at work the computers were down for about an hour. This didn’t worry me much because I leave out early every Monday and Friday.

In art news: I’m still wheeling from the news that someone was blazon enough to go into an art gallery in broad daylight and steal Edvard Munch’s, The Scream. I also heard this morning on NPR that someone stole the bust of the Virgin Mary out of a museum. According to NPR the culprits used the cover of a rainstorm to escape. All in all it’s been quiet a busy week for art theft stories. I wonder if this will be the week that the Mona Lisa comes up missing?

Today, I’m wearing blue jeans, tennis shoes, and a cream coloured blouse that has alternating stripes of olive green, ecru, and pink. I’m starting to get the feeling that the blouse is too fancy for the jeans and I should have worn my black pants.

Also I have to admit that my hair is kind of weird looking today. You see I bought these barrettes yesterday and this morning I was kind of playing around with them in my hair because I had extra time to kill. Before I knew it I looked up at the clock and rushed out because it was getting late. So instead of fixing the weird semi two pony tail look, I decided to keep it. Heck, every one has the right to have a bad hair day every now and them.


link | posted by gail at 11:34 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com