IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, August 19, 2004


newgypsy, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This is one of the painting that I completed this month. It's an acrylic painting and it has no title just yet. Looking over it I may or may not decide to change the chair.

This morning there was what sounded like a cricket chirping rather loudly in the hallway of my apartment building. I first heard the chirping at around 5AM which is when I get up in the morning. When I first heard it I thought that maybe it was a security alarm or something like that going off. So I went downstairs to further investigate the chirping. When I made it downstairs to the front door of my building the chirping stopped. Then it started again when I went back upstairs to my apartment. I suppose those crafty little critters must be able to sense motion.

Yesterday, my dvd and soundtrack for Rushmore both arrived on the same day! I won them both on eBay a couple of weeks ago. So far it has been the only movie I’ve ever seen where after viewing it I wanted to immediately go out and buy the soundtrack. It had a nice bouncy faux 60’s sound that was irresistibly filled with piano, bells, and classical guitar sounds. The score was unique for a movie set in that era. There wasn’t any of that paint by numbers 60’s music in the movie. You know stuff like, Sugar Pie Honey Bunch’ Along the Watchtower or ‘Talking ‘Bout My Generation’ that seems to always show up in movies about that era. Former Devo front man Mark Mothersbaugh did an outstanding job scoring the movie!

An Odd Thing I’ve Noticed: Every time that Death Pool Dave or that guy from Stiffs.com comes on 98 Rock’s KML to talk about recent celebrity deaths Lopez takes the next few days off. Makes me wonder if it’s just coincidence or does having them on freak him out. As I’ve written before Lopez was recently diagnosed with cancer. The last day Lopez was live on air doing the news was Monday. Hmmmm, Monday, the last day the co-worker said ,”Good Morning!” Coincidence?

Today, I’m wearing a multi-colored print t-shirt. It has a diamond design that contains nearly every colour I use in my palette. The colours in the shirt are, purple (prism violet), blue(cerulean blue), pink(magenta), black(Payne’s Gray), and white(Titanium white). I’m wearing the shirt with stone washed jeans and tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 11:59 PM |


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 1:57 AM~  

How was your commute to work today?

Blogger gail commented at 7:14 PM~  

Today's commute was smooth. The bus and light rail were both on time. Thanks for asking!

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com