IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, August 16, 2004

The bus was running late as can be so I took a cab. The cab driver I had this morning was an American. He kind of reminded me of my ex-boyfriend, Michael. I can’t think of a celebrity to compare Michael to so that you would know what the cab driver looked like. Anyway, the driver was friendly and jovial. I gave him a tip after I left the cab. He said, “Thank you young lady!” Young lady! It’s been ages since anyone’s called me that. It’s amusing to hear. Needless to say, I had a smile on my face when I left the cab.

In GJ Willis’ Art Notes web site news: I kind of like how my page counter used to always be stuck on 1500. I thought it was kind of cute in an avant garde kind of a way. You know no matter how many times you come by here it’s always 13 o’clock. I feel distressed that the number is now higher than 1500. Apparently the company that runs my displayed page counter was going through some kind of a company reconstruction or something. So for the past few months I suppose they weren’t bothering to keep track of the counters that are on web sites. Like I said it was fine by me when the page counter was stuck.

By the way the actual real life page hits is higher than the one displayed. I am so much of an insecure artist person that I have not one but two page counters on my site. One with a displayed count number the other is not displayed.

Hey, I can’t help it I have to know how many hits this site is really getting. And also I like to know what keywords people used to come here.

Which reminds me the most referenced entry on this blog has been my description of actor Eric Sheffer Stevens in a play I saw at Center Stage last year. I admit that I was laughing my head off when I wrote that one. So it’s nice to see that others found that entry funny as well.

The first blog site I found it on was CTR ALT DEL under the entry for November 13, 2003. The blog appears to have been abandoned since December 2003. The entry has appeared on other sites but they are updated more often than the example given.

Today, I’m wearing a lavender Coca Cola t-shirt I picked up from Value City a while ago along with jeans and sneakers.


link | posted by gail at 10:59 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com