IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, August 08, 2004

The above is an oil pastel painting I completed today. I did it in response to a challenge from the Wetcanvas oil pastel forum. We had to complete an oil pastel in under two hours time. The above is the result of what I can do in under two hours with oil pastels.

Right now, I’m thinking about whether or not I should submit something for the Baltimore Book Festival. You see about a week ago I got an e-mail from Gary Kachadourian, asking local artists if they would be interested in submitting something for the Book Festival.

I have not made a zine in ages. I don’t currently have any laying around the house. So I’m thinking whether or not I should come up with one for the Book Festival? I'm currently working on a play for the Baltimore Playwriter's festival as well as one for Harford Community College. I'm also trying to finish work to submit to a local art show as well a for eBay. If I did the zine I would have up until early September to finish it. Also if I did the zine would I be in danger of becoming the Max Fischer of Baltimore?

Who’s Max Fischer you ask? Max Fischer is the lead character in one of my all time favorite coming of age movies, Rushmore. In my book it ranks right up there with The Graduate. One thing I have to say is that I admired Max’s chutzpah and undying ambition.

You know right now I’m thinking, what the heck! What have I got to loose? I’m just a tiny, nameless, faceless, cog in the wheel called Baltimore. I’m at a wonderful juncture in my life. I have no reputation and nothing to loose. So what the hell! I’m doing it baby!

Right now, as I write this, I’m wearing a blue bathrobe with fuzzy pink slippers.


link | posted by gail at 11:43 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com