IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Last night I got a good night’s sleep. The temperature was just right in my apartment. So there was no tossing and turning going on.

Yesterday, I got the cd replacement for my Violent Femmes cassette, Add It Up (1981-1993). The cd sounds great!

Next I would like to get the special reissue of there debut cd. It’s a 2 cd set that contains the original version as well as demo and live versions of there songs. Right now, I’m currently bidding on the Violent Femmes compilation cd Debacle: the First Decade on eBay. An interesting thing about this cd is that it was never released in the States. The main reason I want this cd is because it contains Children of the Revolution and Nightmares.

My fascination with the music of the late Harry Nilsson continues. On eBay I’m bidding on Nilsson’s, Son of Schmilsson. I suppose in a couple of weeks I’ll be bidding on more Nilsson cd’s.

In unusual news: I got an e-mail from TeAnne from Wetcanvas. Apparently, she googled her name and found the entry in my blog where I mentioned wanting to beat her 70% completion rate of projects at Wetcanvas. I never thought that anyone I wrote about in my blog would ever e-mail me about what I wrote about them. Besides, I made that entry ages ago and had long since forgotten about it.

It turns out that the e-mail I received from her was jovial and good natured. She wrote that she had given up trying to complete all the projects on Wetcanvas. This is a shame because she was like the Tiger Woods of Wetcanvas. Since originally writing the entry I have to admit that I have long since given up trying to match TeAnne’s record. But come to think of it with TeAnne out of the running...... Well, as they say, dare to dream!

PERSONAL USELESS INFORMATION Today I’m wearing a pink stripped shirt, jeans, and old worn out Payless tennis shoes. My favorite song of the week is the Sterophonics, soon to be classic, Movie Star. To the best of my knowledge this song only exists as an import single. I can’t wait for them to cobble together enough songs to make a full cd for US release.


link | posted by gail at 12:48 AM |


2 Comments:

Blogger TeAnne commented at 2:32 AM~  

lol This time I caught you at it.
If I have fair competition, I could be tempted to start again. God knows, I need inspiration. lol
Have a good one. :)

TeAnne *The Original*

Blogger TeAnne commented at 2:34 AM~  

PS. Gail, come on over and say G'day. I don't bite. :)
http://artworksteanne.blogspot.com/
TeAnne

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com