IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, July 30, 2004

Today, the bus and light rail were both on time. However, I saw the man I have dubbed the harbinger of lateness on it. I hope his presence doesn’t cause the train to suddenly grind to a halt somewhere between the Baltimore arena and the Pepper Road Stop.

Yesterday, at work we had to sign a card because someone was leaving. I haven’t the foggiest idea who it was. I suppose it was someone that works in the warehouse.

I feel uncomfortable when they pass cards around to be signed and I have to pass it down to someone else. I feel uncomfortable because I have to remember the spiel they said before handing the card to me. It’s almost like wondering if you can remember the magic words to a special incantation. The only person I had to hand the card down to was Arnold because Arvada was out. When I handed the card down to him and told him the best I could remember why I was giving him the card to sign, he had the happiest smile on his face. It wasn’t just a little smile it was clearly in the Snoopy Dance category of happy. The last time I saw him smile was when we were working at the old building. One day on the elevator he quickly smiled at me and said, “Good night.” Who knew asking someone to sign a card would make them Snoopy Dance happy? It kind of makes me wonder if anyone at work has ever asked him to sign cards or if they’re just passed by him....

Also, yesterday at work I saw neither hide nor tail of the alleged visitors to our company. Whenever this happens it makes me wonder if business casual day is just a ploy to get employees like me out of sneakers, jeans, and t-shirts.

Also, I was asked to help out Li Jie and Lisa. They had a large influx of work that had to be sent out immediatly. I was happy that they remembered I was trained in their area. I suppose I hadn’t done anything wrong in previous weeks and I wasn’t being shunned from helping out when Li Jie was out last month.

Today, I’m going to the 6th Annual gathering of the Artmobile e-mail list. Basically, the artmobile or art mob for short is a Baltimore e-mail list that primarily consists of local artists, writers, musicians, and whatnot(I know it’s not a real word but I’ve always wanted to use whatnot in a sentence....).

This years get together will be held at the Senator theater. The movie playing will be M. Night Shyamalan’s, The Village. I’ve never been to an art mob get together. I’m going today because it’s Friday night and I’ll be seing a movie. I would not be going if it were a party or something to that effect. I don’t drink, smoke, dance, or talk that much. I hope I won’t be the only one that shows up....

Interesting Sites: Yesterday on the #8 bus heading downtown a blind man got on the bus with his seeing eye dog. The man promptly sat down and began knitting. I like some of the other people on the bus was surprised by the site I saw before my eyes. I had no idea that blind people could knit. I suppose he feels his way around the knitting. It was an amazing site. The blind man later announced to all the curious looker ons that he was making a shawl.

Also yesterday I saw an unusually large influx of people one would describe as geeks or nerds. In other words my peeps by proxy. They all seemed to be heading to the Wyndham Hotel. Then I saw a woman dressed like Sailor Moon. It occured to me right then and there that Otakon must be in town this weekend!!! Otakon is Baltimore’s annual anime convention. I’ve always wanted to go there! Somehow every year I manage to miss it. I never know when it’s being held. I’m not sure if this can be considered a good or bad thing.....


link | posted by gail at 11:19 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com