IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, July 29, 2004

I’m happy to report that the bus and light rail were both on time this morning. So it looks like I will be on time as well.

Today, I am over the moon with joy. I got a slight mention on the Out To Lunch Show! They were doing a show on the interesting things that you pull up when you do a google search on your name. My site came up when they did a search on their show. They said that they were surprised to be found on the site of a local artist. Wow! I guess I really am a local artist! Anyway, the entry they pulled up was the one where I wrote that I was excited that Steve “the Thrill” Hill was doing movie bets again on the show. Yeah, I know it’s sad I’m excited that my site was mentioned in a round about way.

Yesterday, Nilsson’s Greatest Hits cd arrived in the mail. I was surprised to learn from the liner notes in the cd written by super fan and actor Curtis Armstrong that Nilsson worked for the computer center at a bank. I already knew that he worked at a bank in the evening before he hit it big. I also knew that before he left he was running the department he worked for. However, I never knew that he worked in the COMPUTER CENTER! Personally, I found that bit of information distressing. Also all the accompanying photo’s in the cd are of a young clean shaven Nilsson. He looked very much like someone who would work in the computer department. Anyway, these photo’s differ from the images I’m familiar with. I’m used to seeing Nilsson with a beard. Overall, I loved the cd. Currently, I can’t get Cuddly Toy out of my head. I found a really good site to visit if you want to learn more about Harry Nilsson. I also found a good Harry Nilsson fan site that had interesting links.

Yesterday, I got around to changing the link for Asperger’s Syndrome which is over on the right side of this page. I changed it over to a more stable site. The OASIS site has been around for ages. It can be in a way considered as the ultimate source on the web for information about Asperger’s Syndrome. It’s rare to run across an AS site that does not list that site as a resource or a link. So it’s not likely that they’ll be going down or radically changing the format of there site anytime soon. I guess I should let you know that everything on that site is done in a frames format. So if your computer can’t handle frames I don’t know what to tell you...

Today at work is business casual day. We have business casual days whenever any big wigs are coming to the company to visit. The majority of the time we wear what we want wear to work, provided it’s not too risque. I’m wearing my black pants, again. In the past I used to wear khaki pants on business casual days. However, my khaki pants are too big for me so now it’s black pants day. I took down all the things that decorated my cubicle; Elvis photos, ferret photos, stuffed bunnies, and my Kerry bumper sticker. I did this voluntarily without being told. I did it because I didn’t want to be the one who possibly offended who ever will be coming through the building today. Who knows maybe some of them are staunch Republicans or bunny haters. Anyway, we usually have to remove all bright shiny objects from our desks when visitors come. I guess the company is afraid it will distract the visitors.

Another thing before I go.... My painting is still on display at the Pinkard Gallery at the Bunting Center of Maryland Institute College of Art. The last day it will be at MICA is this Saturday. In a way this is ironic. I applied many times to get into MICA but was not accepted. Anyway, go see the painting. Experience the magic that is Dana Doll!


link | posted by gail at 11:35 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com