IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, August 02, 2004


cigarette, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

The above photo is of a painting that was in the Hall of Portraits at Artscape. I don't know the artist's name or the title of the painting. All I know is that I admired it enough to take a picture of it.

Today, I have a scheduled day off. I’m taking the day off because it’s, Lammas. I always take off work every first day of Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring. I also take off for Imbolc which is February 2nd and of course Lammas which is August 2nd. Why do I take these days off? I do it because it’s the pagan thing to do.

Even though I follow an earth centered religion, Wicca, I’m pretty much a borderline Unitarian. I hear they have a very liberal congregation and set of beliefs. Besides how many churches do you know of that have a pagan branch.Also, noted Wiccan and NPR correspondent, Margot Adler attends there services in New York. The one thing preventing me from attending on a regular basis is that Sunday is my sleep day. Also the local First Unitarian Church of Baltimore’s web site is hard to navigate.

Yesterday, my nephew called. He needs money for school. I think probably he’s asked everyone in the family to donate to his favorite charity, him. I can’t fault the kid. This year he’ll be starting high school.


link | posted by gail at 11:30 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com