IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Friday the 13th I spent over my father’s house. I went over there to pick up some books I ordered on eBay about zines.

As I’ve written before it’s been awhile since I’ve put one together. The last time I put together an old skool(Yeah, I meant to spell it that way) zine, it was the 80’s. So I imagine things must have advanced since then. I’m sure I could probably put one together on my computer. I think I have some kind of desktop publishing software that came with my Mac.

The books I bought from ebay were >Zine Scene by Francesca Lia Block and Hillary Carlip. I’m familiar with Block through her book Weetzie Bat and Carlip through her Girl Power book. Carlip’s book was featured on Oprah a while back. So I imagine you can consider Block and Carlip as two original Riot Grrrrls.

Two other books I have are >Jamming the Media and Webworks: e-zines: Explore On-Line Magazine Design. I hope that the addition of these two books helps to give me a more well rounded view of today’s modern zine.

As I write this I’m wearing a red t-shirt, jean shorts, and beige sandals.


link | posted by gail at 11:43 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com