IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, August 20, 2004


singerempty, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

The above picture is one of the paintings I completed this August. It's acrylic paint on Bristol board.

Today, the bus and light rail were both on time. So as a result of this I’ve been on time for an entire straight week! I hope that the MTA does as good a job next week as they did this week.

Last night I think there was some kind of a get together for people who are members of the crablogs web ring. I didn’t go because I’m lousy with social situations. Now, if they were going to meet at a concert or a movie theater on like they did with the artmob mail list then I would have come along.

The Crablogs get together was at some restaurant where I imagined they all sat around drank and swapped funny stories about working in the computer industry. I don’t drink and as far as talking goes I’m pretty laconic. Also my day job has nothing to do with programming computers. So even if I went I wouldn’t have much to do or say.

Yesterday, at work things were back to normal. The co-worker was back to saying, “Good Morning!” The general atmosphere was bright and cheery. The only unusual thing that happened at work was that Arnold wore a long sleeve shirt. As I’ve written before 99% of the time he wears a short sleeve button down cotton shirt. So whenever he wears a long sleeve shirt, I feel it’s blog worthy.

Today, I’m wearing an olive green t-shirt that I bought from Sears a couple of years ago. I got it because I liked the yellow-green flower design that’s emblazoned across the chest. This I believe is the only item of clothing I own that’s not from Walmart, K-Mart, or Value City. Along with the shirt, I’m wearing my black pants and black canvas Walmart tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 2:31 PM |


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 4:54 PM~  

I have to say, your vision of us sitting around at the Crablogs meetup swapping stories about our work in the computer industry made me laugh. Most of us are just regular people with websites we only know how to maintain through the goodwill of hosting sites like Blogger and Typepad. Those who do know computer stuff are just, I dunno, smart or something. But trust me, there is little or no computer talk unless someone's asking for help in learning how to post pictures online or something. For my part, I'm a grad student - definitely not someone working in the computer industry!

As for your worries about people drinking, if you come earlier rather than later, you should manage to find most people pretty sober.

The reason I like the meetups is because it's given me a chance to meet people I would otherwise never come across, and I have to say, I've been really surprised at how easy it has been to meet nice people at these things. (We've all been surprised about this actually.)

Hopefully you'll consider coming next time. It would be great to meet you. I love your paintings, especially the recent one of the woman on the bench (the perspective one).

BaLtiMoRe RoLL
http://seadragon.typepad.com/

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 5:18 PM~  

You should totally come out to a baltimore blogger meetup. The conversation there is surprisingly non-technical, non-geeky, and non-dorky and many of the people who attend are writers or students or in the law field. I am by far the least social person I know and even I get along well at these things. Trust me, if I can get along well in a certain social situation anyone can.

It's weird at first, but by the time you leave you're thinking to yourself how the evening wasn't that bad. It's pretty amazing.

DaB
www.dabrettman.com

Blogger gail commented at 10:04 PM~  

Thanks Seadragon and DaBrettman for your positive words about Baltimore blogger meetups. Maybe next year I'll actually make the effort to come out to one.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com