IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, August 23, 2004

The picture above is one of the paintings I completed this month. It’s acrylic on Bristol board. It first started off as a study I did in oil pastel for wetcanvas. I later did two acrylic versions of the oil pastel drawing, one featuring a black subject the other a white. The above is one of the two paintings. With this one I had fun making her shadow blue instead of a more realistic colour.

Today, the bus was late by a couple of minutes. It wasn’t too bad for me. However, the people that have to take the light rail heading towards Linthicum had to run to catch the train which was just pulling up as the bus stopped.

Yesterday, I finally filled out the City Paper’s Best of Baltimore, ballot. I was surprised to find that they have a category for best visual artist. The only category I was aware of prior to filling out my ballot was best Baltimore related web site.

Also on the art front I finished another painting today. This time the subject was male. I did it because the vast majority of the paintings I do are of females. I thought I’d challenge myself by painting a different gender. So for a week I’ll focus on male subjects. Hopefully, the series of paintings I’m working on will be completed some time next week or the week after. It all depends on whether or not I can keep up the pace I’m currently working at.

Today, I’m wearing a bright pink t-shirt that has a pink ribbon in front. Across the neckline is a flower design. With the shirt I’m wearing blue jeans and old decrepit Payless tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 11:36 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com