IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, August 21, 2004


happywaiting, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

The painting above is yet another picture I completed this month. I was trying to gain an understanding of how to do perspectives. I admit that my perspective painting is a little exaggerated to the point of being cartoonish. It was done on Bristol board with acrylic paint.

The rest of this entry deals with my Friday afternoon at the Hunt Valley Walmart.

Yesterday, I went to the Walmart at Hunt Valley because I ran out batteries. This time I needed them for my wireless Microsoft mouse and my walkman. The gray haired lady was there as usual however as if by magic there was just one person in front of me!

While at Walmart I actually made an appointment to see the optometrist! I think I made my appointment for next Friday afternoon. I don’t know for sure because the guy at the office never gave me an appointment slip.

At last I can be rid of my ratty red paint peeled glasses and join the land of people with tiny squinty framed glasses! I don’t like the look of those glasses because they make it seem as though the wearers are all struggling to see. However, it seems to be the only style of frame currently available. Thus, I can rejoice in the fact that I will not be alone in my squinty eyedness!

Also another exciting thing happened yesterday at Walmart. I was waiting outside the store for the #8 bus to take me downtown when I saw these two guys who I thought were just horsing around. Then one of them took off running then the other followed. I thought to myself, “Oh they're just racing! What a queer thing to do at their age.” They both looked to be in there early twenties.

Then the next thing I knew half the store poured outside to watch them. They all had concerned looks on their faces. Then I knew it wasn’t just a case of two guys horsing around. The only thing I could assume was that one of them had done something bad like shoplifted or kicked a small helpless infant. I do admit that I was pleasantly surprised to find that when the wrong doer of Walmart was finally apprehended that it was a white guy.

Today, I’m wearing a brown short sleeve Henley shirt with black shorts and black wedge healed clogs that I bought at Payless last year.


link | posted by gail at 3:11 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com