IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, May 28, 2005


The big event of the day for me was going to the 12 noon showing of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. I saw it at Security Square Mall. I was truly surprised when I got there because standing right in font of me in line was Ricky from the mailroom. He had on a red baseball cap pulled backwards and a red shirt along with dark sunglasses. I thought maybe he was waiting for a date or a friend to show up but no one came along. I didn’t say anything to him because I don’t really know him. Besides, for all I know he could be a very angry person and might have yelled at me.

Back to the movie.... Overall, it was great. It ranks right up there with Episode Five: The Empire Strikes Back.

I really loved how everything was tied together.

I loved all the mirror images you see in this film that occur in subsequent episodes in the series. For example when you see Palpatine for the first time in this movie. He’s in a chair similar to the one you see him occupy in Return of the Jedi. You also see him get all excited and contort around when he watches Anakin/Vader fight. He also did this in Return of the Jedi with the epic light saber fight between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. It kind of makes me wonder if he get’s off on watching Anakin/Vader cross swords with opponents.....

Also curiously, the first thing out of Palpatine’s mouth in the movie as he addresses Anakin is that he calls him, son. This makes me wonder if Palpatine is really Anakin’s father. I’m sorry but I will never buy any of that midichloridian bullshit that was introduced in Episode I. Besides I think it would be interesting viewing Palpatine as the evil grandfather puppeteer. The type of person who will stop at nothing to gain power. Leaving the woman he impregnated and his offspring to live as slaves on a dust planet. Equally willing to sacrifice son or grandson to gain even greater power. I see Palpatine as a cold heartless bastard who sees family as nothing but mere pawns in a game of intergalactic domination.

Another mirror like image I liked was towards the end. There’s a shot of Uncle Owen on Tatooine which is similar to the image that opens up Episode Four: A New Hope. You remember the shot of Luke Skywalker on Tatooine.The one big problem I had with the movie was Amidala dying after giving birth to Luke and Leia. This is a problem of epic proportions because in Return of the Jedi Luke asks her what he remembers of their mother. Pray tell me, how is it possible that Leia has memories of a mother that died shortly after giving birth to them???? I suppose this problem will be fixed/edited/explained in another re-released special edition box set. In this special edition I would also expect to see a CGI Qui-Gon Jinn in Episodes 4 and maybe at the end of Episode 6.

Also while watching the movie I did spot the Millennium Falcon in a scene. I wonder who was piloting it? It couldn’t have been Han Solo because he was probably still a little kid on Corellia.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a bright yellow short sleeve shirt that has a blue flower design on it. I also have on bright blue pants and beige canvas tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 9:33 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com