IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Yesterday’s BSO concert was great. Conductor Jack Everly and singer Ann Hampton Callaway rocked! The only thing I wasn’t too fond about was the theatrics of the Capital Quartet. I found them to be more annoying than entertaining.

Ann Hampton Callaway in contrast was very entertaining and funny. At the end of the show she wrote a song using all the words that were shouted out from the audience. The words were those that audience members felt described Baltimore. You know stuff like hun, natty boh, down the ocean, etc. Callaway was simply incredible. She was like a one woman force of nature. They could have done the show with just her and the BSO instead of junking it up with those hack saxophonists, the Capitol Quartet.

An odd thing happened on the way to show. I ran into Scotty Stevinson from Sowebo Fest on the bus. At least I think it was Scotty... It seems that every time I see him he looks slightly different. This time he had coffee cake coloured hair and looked a little like Andy Summers from The Police. Then again maybe he’s always looked that way and isn’t a human chameleon. However, I could have sworn that the last time I saw Scotty he was a brunette...

Any way while on the bus he handed me fliers for Sowebo and told me that my poster was up in Spoons which he had previously emailed me about. I wonder what Scotty will look like next year?


link | posted by gail at 8:40 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com