IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

MORNING COMMUTE:
The #2 bus was driven by a man who bore a striking resemblance to slain Egyptian leader Anwar Sadat. I feel sad that the LL Cool J looking driver isn’t back. It was kind of cool having him as a driver.

The light rail was on time. However, the 5:50 C shuttle bus did not arrive at it’s appointed time. Instead, the B Express shuttle bus arrived in it’s place. I got on the Express bus and transferred to the #8 at the Timonuim Fairground stop. I was surprised to see a coworker aboard the bus. She usually carpools with another woman that works in our department. I wonder if they’ve had a falling out?

CONCERN OF THE DAY: Missed Luncheon
It appears that Friday the 13th was the day of the service luncheon at work. I got a memo about it several weeks ago. The luncheon was being held for workers who have worked at the company for five years. I had no idea I had been there that long. In fact this is the longest I have ever worked at a company. Time flies when you’re having fun.

The reason I forgot about it was that I lost the original memo. I just assumed that when the date got nearer someone would remind us all. We got the memo’s sometime in March. Well, as you can see no one reminded anybody of anything. So on Friday after suffering a horrendous day at work on Friday I fled the building.

The reason I fled at quitting time was that I didn’t want to tempt fate by staying any longer than I had to. Friday morning our computers were down for an extremely long period of time and at the end of the day I just wanted to get out of there.

When my supervisor got to work on Monday morning he told me that I missed the luncheon and that I had gotten gifts. I had no idea that the luncheon entailed getting presents. I assumed that you would be forced to sit down and eat lunch with all the other five year workers and then get kicked out of the fancy hotel dining room. After all, I assume that they would want you to be back in time for work after eating lunch on their dime.

The gifts I got for working at the company for five years were a khaki green monogrammed bag, a star shaped note pad, and pen. They look very generic and very nice. I have no complaints.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a denim blue pullover, blue jeans, and black canvas tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 11:33 PM |


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 11:17 PM~  

You're the lucky winner of a free Tarot Card reading by Harish! Wow!!
You have to get your reading during the week before 3 pm, not on the weekends. Cool! Void where prohibited.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com