IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, May 15, 2005


who20, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

Today, I just couldn’t take it anymore. After going time after time over to the >Outpost Gallifrey message board for the BBC sci-fi show, Doctor Who I finally reached my breaking point. I had to find a way to download the new series. After finding a download site for episodes of the new series I previewed them. When I previewed the episode Quicktime said I had extensions missing that were not at the website for Quicktime, thus I aborted my first try. I had no idea at the time that this was a common message you get when Quicktime in Macintosh tries to read a Windows derived video file. I now realize that all I have to do was find the codec and I would be all set. I could also take the easy way out and download another avi reader... So thus I have begun to re-download Doctor Who. I have no idea how long this endeavor will take with a dial up modem.

The one thing that made me want to see the new series by any means necessary was that I recently found out that an episode (Dalek) that recently aired was based on one of the Big Finish audio’s. I believe I’ve written before that I like to listen to the Big Finish audio’s, especially the ones that feature Paul McGann as the Doctor and India Fisher as Charlie.

The audio in question does not feature McGann and Fisher. The audio is called, Jubilee and is written by Rob Shearman who writes a lot of Big Finish stuff. Shearman also happened to have wrote the script for Dalek which was based on his audio script. I now have to find out how the TV version varied or is similar to the audio version.

Jubilee is one of the BF audio’s I have of Colin Baker’s Doctor. I’ve recently started to collect them after listening once again to Zagreus .

So now I feel it would be a bad jumping off point for my first viewing of the series to be with the Dalek episode. Instead, I think it would be best to download them in sequential order, starting off with, Rose. The Rose episode introduces >Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor and his newest companion, Rose played by Billie Piper. Piper as I understand it, is the UK’s equivalent of Brittany Spears. However, as I understand it she’s good in the series and has surprised a few folks that she can actually act.

It’s also sad to note that Eccleston has opted out of continuing the role for another season. The show however, will continue for a second season with David Tennant as the Doctor.


link | posted by gail at 6:40 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com