IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, May 05, 2005

MORNING COMMUTE:
I got on the #1 bus this morning. There were only just six people aboard the bus. I have never gotten on a bus in the morning that was that sparsely populated. The driver by the way, looked a little like Sidney Poitier.

The light rail train was on time as was the light rail shuttle bus. I have now come up with a celebrity that the shuttle bus driver looks like. If I haven’t said it before almost every weekday at 6:50 am I get on a bus driven faithfully by the same driver. If you’ve been reading this blog for a while you can understand the rarity of this situation.

After having several weeks of thinking I have come up with the celebrity my morning shuttle bus driver most resembles. The morning shuttle bus driver looks like a pudgier version of Grady from Sanford and Son. I know I’ve used Grady before in describing another bus driver, but hey that’s who he looks like. I suppose the MTA would be a great place to hold a Grady look alike contest.

DECLARATION: I’m NOT Dave LaBrozzi’s Biggest Fan
I believe this would be my very first ever declaration. It’s now official. I hate Dave LaBrozzi the head of Infinity Radio in Baltimore. I can say this because I don’t work in radio.

Why do I hate him you ask? Well, let me count the ways....
1. He fired Brian and O’Brien. He could have at least kept the funny one aka Big Don
2. He turned 105.7 into a part time radio station with two different formats
3. He flipped WQSR from an oldies format to a fad format called Jack.

Of all the things that LaBrozzi has done I’m most angriest about the WQSR format flip. WQSR has has an oldies format for well over 20 years. It was like a safe harbor for me. I could always tune in to it to hear old Beatles tunes or stuff from Motown. Right now there is no station in Baltimore with an oldies format.

I’m also mad because LaBrozzi fired all the WQSR jocks. I’m most shocked that he fired Steve Rouse of Rouse and Company. Rouse has hosted that morning show for the past 17 years. I also heard that Rouse recently signed a three year contract. Now it appears that he signed a contract for nothing. Right now, I still can’t believe that WQSR no longer exists.

I suppose that LaBrozzi has more evil plans in store for the other Infinity stations in town. I still feel that it’s a matter of time before the part time format on 105.7 either turns entirely to music or talk radio. I still feel a little scared whenever afternoon comedy talk jocks Big O and Dukes start playing a song of the day. You just know that any day now they will playing wall to wall music.

The only thing I can think to say is, Thank You Dave LaBrozzi! We now have not two, but three Infinity radio stations in Baltimore that play the same exact music!!

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today at work it’s business casual day. Since it’s business casual day I have to dress a little more spiffier. I have on a red button down sweater. I also have on a white long sleeve shirt that has a dark blue diamond print. The pants I have on are dark blue slacks. I completed the ensemble with brown leather lace up shoes.


link | posted by gail at 9:29 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com