IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I was up a little late last night updating my blog and I’m on allergy medicine that probably has to be changed. Overall I had a fitful sleep. I woke up a little late but still managed to get to the bus stop on time.

The #2 bus driver this morning looked a little like Billy Davis Jr. from the 70’s singing duo Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr. They had a big hit with, “You Don’t Have To Be a Star (To Be In My Show).

Before I headed for the light rail station I went into the 7-11 as is my morning routine. As I paid for my usual gigantic 1 liter bottle of Mountain Dew I noticed these neat looking Star Wars spin pops on the counter. The spin pops were in the form of Darth Vader and Chewbacca. I wanted them. I asked the 20-something Latino cashier, ”How much for Vader and Chewie?“ He told me $3.99. I gasped. The cashier smiled in empathy as he told me that he thought they price too high himself. I left out the store dismayed but vowed to one day return with Chewie and Lord Vader in my hands.

CONCERN OF THE DAY: Department Move
Yesterday, my department was again re-located. It is starting to seem as if we are the red haired step child of the company. The relocation is slated to be temporary. We are supposed to be moving back to our area in the next 3-4 weeks. Allegedly, we are getting bigger, newer desks and cubicles. I’ll believe it when I see it.... All I know now is that where we are now is dangerously close to being out the front door.

One good thing I can say is that because of our department’s frequent moves I have become well versed in the intricacies involved in packing. It took me no time at all to get my things in boxes. The main reason for this is because I never bothered to unpack from my departments various other moves. It seems as though once a year they relocate our department to a different area. Hopefully, when we move back it will be permanent and we will be the red haired step child no more.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a purple turtleneck that has leaves on it of unnatural colours like gold and lavender. I also have on a pair of blue slacks and beige canvas tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 10:48 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com