IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, May 16, 2005

MORNING COMMUTE:
This morning there was a fire up the street near the nursing home. There was a big firetruck and two police cars blocking traffic. I had no other choice but to walk down the street and pray that I ran into a bus that was diverted through one of the side streets.

Eventually, a #1 bus came along. The bus was being driven by a chipper substitute driver. She said “Good Morning!”, to everyone. At each stop as passengers would leave she said, “Have a Nice Day!” I don’t know why but her effervescent cheeriness grated on my nerves. It’s Monday morning for Christs sakes! You should be in mourning over the loss of your weekend and counting down for the start of the next one.

CONCERN OF THE DAY: Men in Pink
On the shuttle bus heading home from work there was a man aboard wearing a pink polo shirt with a popped collar. I had laughed when I listened to the Big O Dukes Show when they ridiculed men dressed like that. However, in person seeing a man dressed in pink left me with a feeling of eery displacement.

I have always regarded pink as being the sole colour representative of femininity. Pink is after all, Barbie’s favourite colour. 99& of the time I’m open minded. However, I have to admit that the sight of men wearing pink just seems wrong to me. Like all fashion trends this insanity will soon pass...

Damn you, Kanye West!!

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a short sleeve royal blue shirt, a black sweater, and black canvas tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 12:31 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com