IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, May 26, 2005

MORNING COMMUTE:
This morning we still have the Patti Austin driver. Wow! Four days in a row! Has she decided to take on the route as our regular driver?

BABY SHOWER REVIEW
Yesterday, was the baby shower for Tyra. The food was catered by co-worker Keisha. Keisha appears to like to cook a lot. I’m surprised she hasn’t seriously looked into running a restaurant or catering business. In the past she liked to encourage us to participate in her pot luck lunches. I never participated because I’m not much of a cook.

Wednesday’s office baby shower was held in the cafeteria. This meant that you could barely hear above the din of other dinners. In a curious switch off we ate first before opening presents.

In the past showers were held in a spare conference room. In the room the designated pregnant person/bride/father to be would open presents and then we would, “Ohh!!! and Ahh!!”, over what they had opened. The party would then disperse to the cafeteria where we would go and eat. I really miss that format....

The party held in the cafeteria felt all over the place and not as centralized. This could have been because some of the people there were just on their lunch break or hanging out.

When I went in the first thing I did was get a plate of food. It seemed that I could not find a free place to sit so I had to sit amongst the people who were in the cafeteria on their break. While seated I heard a very engaging conversation directly behind me. It was amongst the computer geek guys. I don’t know if they really work in the computer department or not. They always seem to hang together and well, they look geeky. They were talking about the new Star Wars film and the Millennium Falcon and how.... Hey, wait a minute back to the Baby Shower Review!

The food was scrumptious. I really liked the meatballs and (gasp) Chicken from Popeye’s! The string beans were OK albeit a bit over cooked.

The one thing I missed from this shower was hearing all the “Ohhs and Ahhs!”, after the person opens the presents. When Tyra opened her presents it was all just a cacophony of cafeteria sound. I had no idea who was responsible for what present.

I strongly feel that it is best to open presents first in the conference room then eat in the cafeteria as opposed to eat and later open presents in the cafeteria. There was just too much noise and confusion for me to follow what was going on. Then again maybe others felt differently and were OK with everything.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a multi-coloured striped mock turtleneck with blue jeans and black canvas tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 10:00 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com