IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, August 08, 2005


jennings, originally uploaded by willisgirl.


Long time ABC News anchorman Peter Jennings passed away yesterday. Despite being Canadian he was my all time favourite anchor. I admired him because he had this air of sophisticated coolness about him. It was like watching a royal prince deliver the news.

I was not aware of his passing until they said something about it today on the Big O and Dukes show which is soon to be called The Ed Norris Show with Big O and Dukes Show. As everyone knows Jennings died of lung cancer. I wasn’t too surprised when his lung cancer diagnosis was revealed.

I recall being horrified when I saw a candid interview he did a decade or two ago. In this interview they showed footage of him going through his day to day activities as a network anchor. In almost every scene they showed he seemed to have a cigarette in his hand smoking.

As a kid after seeing this I was thoroughly horrified with the knowledge that my favorite network anchor was a smoker! As a kid you naturally assume that the people you admire live clean healthy lives devoid of vice. For a while I couldn’t bring myself to watch his newscasts because I felt let down. Yes, I turned to the dark side and watched Tom Brokaw mispronounce words on NBC News. Eventually I grew up and realized that Peter Jennings was human and like all humans he wasn’t perfect. I will greatly miss seeing Jennings on the magic box called TV.


link | posted by gail at 9:28 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com