IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, August 01, 2005

I had a scheduled day off from work today. I spent the day relaxing as I celebrated Lammas.

The most touching thing I heard today was Don Geronimo on The Don and Mike Show. Today was his first day back after his wife died in a tragic car accident. He did the show solo with out Mike and the rest of the crew. It was the most touching and poignent radio I’ve ever heard. It really came through that he had lost the love of his life. I can only wish one day to find the love that Don and Freda shared.

QUICK REVIEW:


LADIES IN LAVENDER

This was a nice sweet little British movie directed by veteran actor English Charles Dance. The movie had a nice slow leisurely pace to it. It’s not the type of movie to see if you like non stop action and adventure.

The movie was about these two elderly sisters who one day come upon a young shipwrecked Polish man and nurse him to back health. They then begin to develop motherly feelings toward him. One even develops a slight crush on him.

Overall, I really liked the movie a lot. I know that it will not be everyone’s cup of tea because of the slow pace. If you like sweet little British movies I’d suggest that you go see it.


link | posted by gail at 10:38 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com